Monday, January 21, 2008

You asked for it...

Okay, earlier this week I was tagged by Grandy for this meme from To Pick Just 7 is Difficult. So I could probably think of 7 things..but I don't have 7 blog friends..I guess I will have to find some.


Here is how it works:

1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So here goes:

-I lived in Australia for a year. I was 18 and it was pretty much a very long vacation. I was supposed to be there studying on an exchange program. I learned more than I ever would in books. It it the most awesome place!! If you ever get the chance to go, don't pass it up. It is so worth it!!

-I've seen the original Star Wars movie (IV) over 100 times. When we were kids, we got our first VCR. It was the only movie we owned. My brother and I lost count after 100. We could recite the movie from memory...very sad... But it is still a classic.


-My first car was a 1989 Yugo. Yes, those cars really existed. It was a great little car. It only needed a fill up about every 6 months...lol. It was painted Iroc Blue...we couldn't afford the real thing, so it was at least painted the same color. I've only known one other person in my lifetime that has owned one...in fact, I've never ever seen any other ones.


-I am a people watcher. I love to watch people in public places...especially when they don't know someone is watching them...that is the ultimate reality show.

-I live for chocolate!! I HAVE to eat some every day. It's a total addiction, I know. But it's a good one. I like all chocolates but the darker the better....and dark chocolate IS good for you.


-I am the queen of useless facts. If you haven't already guessed from previous posts. My brain is like a sponge for that stuff...one of these days that crap will come in handy.

-I snoop in other people's shopping carts. I like to see what kinds of things people buy....especially at Costco. I don't literally rifle through their cart...just have a peak and try to figure out what they will use that stuff for. I once saw a guy with an entire flat bed cart filled with huge bags of carrots...nothing else just carrots...hmm...I was so curious I actually asked him what he was going to do with so many carrots. I was disappointed to learn that he was just going to feed them to his horses....kinda makes you wonder.

So the rules tell me I'm supposed to tag 7 blog friends...well, I don't have that many.

Just Grandy and she tagged me first....but Mike Golch from rambling stuff stopped by so I guess I could count him as one too.

Participation is optional...enjoy.


7 comments:

Grandy said...

GREAT JOB DENISE!!! I like it...and can SO imagine you checking out people's carts! ;)

Linda said...

I just did that meme, but you can think of me as a blog friend. Just so you know, that meme was sposta be SIX things - I think Grandy added one... good job - fun stuff! I came here from your 'bathroom floor' comment on Grandy's site. You funny. I'll be back!

Mike Golch said...

Hey thanks for the mention.My first car was a 1956 ford Galixy 500 ltd.I bought it when I wa in tech school at Chanute AFB in 1971.

Mike Golch said...

OOPS DAMN I TRANSPOSED AGAIN,IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A 1965 FORD. A 1956 car would be great to have also that way I could say I was only 4 years older than my car,HA HA HA!!!!!!!

Dens said...

thank you all for stopping by. I will do my best to keep up with some fun posts....can't promise anything...

I love reading everyone else's blogs..they're so great!!

Mrs. F said...

When my cousin was about three years old her Mom owned a yellow Yugo. It was dubbed the yewow Yugo by the three year old. Heehee.

PS I found you through Grandy.

Dens said...

Thanks for stopping by, Mrs. F...I'm hoping to improve my blogging, am still new at this..but Grandy will whip me in to shape.
One thing I remember about that Yugo is that it had a perfect round stain on the top passenger's side...someone put a slice of bologna on it...ate right through the paint...lol...

thanks for visiting...