Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's winter...isn't it??

Michael(MZ) loves to ski. He went to college in Montana where skiing was almost a daily ritual during the winter. Since we've been together (2 years this July) he's gone on several ski trips. None of which I've been on...well, last year we planned a trip, but due to unplanned illnesses (yeah, like they're planned) we didn't go. So this year we've planned another trip for the two of us...which just happens to be this weekend.

Not very fond of the cold, or skiing...I am going and I've been told I will learn how to ski....

Remembering the first, and only time I've ever skied(sp?) in my life...I was a freshman in highschool and I went with a group. I had never been on skis...and after I was rescued by the entire ski patrol, I thought I would never be on skis again. Dens brought new meaning to the phrase "let's hit the slopes"hehehe...Not to mention the fact that it seemed like forever for my knee to heal after that trip.

Okay, so we are planning our trip for the weekend and since I am not very partial to the cold, I've decided to get some nice warm thermals to wear under my clothes to stay warm.

So I'm off to the mall (the place I hate) to JC Penny's...they should have them, they seem to have everything else....and better yet, there seems to be a sale on everything....looking through the women's dept., then the men's..hmmm where could they be...how about the lingere dept...ooo there's a nice nighty MZ would like..wait why am I here again..oh yeah, thermals...searching...bras, chonies, pj's...robes...hmm...hey some kid lost their backpack...okay, time to ask the clerk...
Dens: excuse me, I'm looking for thermal underwear...can you tell me where they might be?

Clerk: (looking a little confused) oh, we don't have any, it's not the right time of year for us to carry those.

I had no comment...
Dens thinking: what do you mean it's not the right time of year to carry thermal underwear?? It is winter, isn't it? It's friggin freezing outside and it's not the right time of year???

Well, I at least should find some other warm clothes to take...so searching back through the women's dept...hmmmm baithing suits? bikinis? shorts?...capri pants...tank tops? k...getting headache...need to get out of this store...this IS January...right?? Back in the car...freezing...still in shock...replaying the scene in my head all the way home.

I just don't see myself hitting the slopes in a bikini...where would I put my lift ticket???

Thanks for letting me ramble on...

2 comments:

Grandy said...

HA!!! I HATE THAT!! If I were you I'd check Big 5 or REI (or whatever that town has there). If not...tell me your size and I'll get you a pair for Saturday when I see you. We have places that will sell that AND the bikinis because we are one of the last larger towns on your way to the snow.

p.s. I'm sure Michael could find a place for the lift ticket. ;)

Mike Golch said...

well that is why we have our own blogs we can ramble on as mi=uch as we want.We can even rant and rave if we see fit.I hope that you have a great day!