Saturday, June 14, 2008

Wii would like to play...

Okay, so I've been going to Weight Watchers now for about 8 weeks and that's going pretty well. But I've been trying to figure out ways to be creative with my exercise. I never seem to get enough and I know that's the key.

Let me back track a bit...last Christmas MZ bought himself a Nintendo Wii. Of course, he said it was for his Mom to give her something to do at home since she is retired...yeah, right..it was really for him... Anywho, I had played it a few times when I was at his house. Games like tennis and bowling. The thing about it is, it's not just an ordinary type video game. You actually have to get off your a$$ and move. The remote controls you use control the actual characters on the screen by your own body movements....one way to help those of us fattys in the world. So I thought the thing was pretty interesting and all that blah, blah, blah... Well, just last month, Nintendo came out with a new game and accessory for the Wii unit called WiiFit. It comes with a balance board(that you actually stand on) and loads of fitness games. MZ bought that too, using the same excuse, that it was "for Mom." So he brought it over to my house so I could see what all the hoopla was about. Can I just say that this thing was amazing. First, it talks to you...it does all kinds of body tests, BMI, weight, etc..AND it keeps track of it all. It will tell you if you're overweight, how much weight you have to lose, and help you set goals to help you lose weight. Not to mention all the fun games...yes fun..and they are all exercise related. There's yoga, strength training, aerobics, and balance games. It even helps you improve your posture!! It has personal trainers you can choose. It keeps track of all your exercise minutes and rewards you with new games and exercise tips.

The only thing I didn't like...it was MZ's and he would only bring it over once in a while. Because he said, technically it belonged to his Mom and she liked using it. So Dens did the only thing she could do...she went out and bought her own...now I'm having trouble doing anything else...hehehe...I guess that's a good thing. The exercise is great...and fun. I've only had it for 2 weeks, but I'd gladly trade in all my old exercise crap.

Boy, those Japanese can sure come up with some amazing things. I would recommend it to anyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would seem that the Japanese have surpassed us when it come to creating something that is ggod for us,Like the WIIFIT.

Anonymous said...

It's about time you updated!!!! lol

Grandy said...

I don't know who "anonymous" is...but DITTO!! So...where you at? :)

the Albino Bowler said...

Been checking out your page. Glad I stumbled upon it. I have a strong hunch you can relate to my experience at the kangaroo rodeo...

Matt