Saturday, May 2, 2009

Long time, no me...

My name is Dens and it's been 6 months since my last post....
Okay, Grandy, I hear ya...and I appreciate all the encouraging comments from Grandy's Sunday Stalker spotlight...to respond to you all, I will do my best to post more often..I know I have some intersting stories in this head of mine somewhere...I will find them eventually.

So for a the past 2 days, I've been at home. Not really by choice cuz today I had a colonoscopy. For those of you who've never had one (this was the 2nd in my life) you will remember that the day before is classified as "clean out day" and I don't mean your spare room. When I had my first (6 years ago) I had to drink this nasty crap that reminded me of drain cleaner. Now, if you are under 50, they give you these pills to take....okay, pills don't seem too bad.

...well, it all started Friday morning at 9am...instructions: take 4 pills every 15 mins with 8oz of clear liquid, until you've taken 20 pills....20 PILLS!!!! First of all, they were totally the size of horse pills, and they tasted like a chlorine salt lick...so I managed to choke them down....then the waiting begins....okay, so I'll turn on the TV and see what's on....did I mention, I'm not allowed any food for the enitre day..only clear liquids....so naturally every channel had some kind of food commercial or cooking show....okay, so I could do some house cleaning instead...get out the vacuum....and then it hits me...RUN FOREST, RUN!!!...hence the name "clean out day."I will spare you the crappy details...LOL. But I did have to repeat this same ritual Saturday morning starting a 4:30am. These are the pills I had to take this morning:

So needless to say, I had the procedure, it went well, except for the fact that it was inconclusive...and they had to give me 3x the sedation medication..that is why I am so rambly and this post probaly doesn't really make any kind of point...except for the fact that I am actually posting something...I guess I'm really surprised that I can even type with as loopy as I feel..I am so thankful for spell check...now if only they made brain check...

yeah, yeah, rambling Dens...I am what I am...

p.s. stay tuned..next Friday for Esophagogastroduodenoscopy.

3 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I was wondering if you had dropped off the face of the earth.nice to see you back.

songbird's crazy world said...

welcome back to the blogosphere.I can fully appreciate the colonoscopy prep, having done it myself a few years ago.

can I ask -- is this all routine, or is something going on?

Dens said...

Mike-no, didn't drop off the earth..though it felt like it at times...LOL

song-no, not routine, have a few things going on...at least it came out normal. But didn't get any answers..so on to the next item on the agenda...this Friday..."Down periscope" hehehe